Membership BenefitsInvolvement in CWEA's Committees which include:
Publications and Periodicals:
- Biosolids and Residuals Management: This is an area which is very much in the news today. Committee members arrange seminars and symposia.
- Government Affairs: Most recently, this committee set up the Chesapeake Bay Program Ad Hoc Committee. This committee has been working with government entities; organizations whose sole focus is the Bay; and industry and agriculture interests whose activities impact the Bay.
- Public Education: This committee has been very active in WEF's Adopt-a-School program. In 1994-1995, the committee reached 768 students in area middle schools and educated them about water quality and the role they can play in preserving their environment.
- Student Activities: Get involved with local university students and help them as they move towards a career in water quality. This committee arranges career days, outings and a student paper competition.
- Other committees include Industrial Programs, Awards, By-laws, Membership, and Safety.
- The Ecoletter is the Association's quarterly publication which contains information that pertains to all CWEA members. It features a wide spectrum of articles covering conferences, regulations, treatment projects and management to name a few.
The following periodicals are available to WEF/CWEA members:
Awards and Professional Recognition which include the:
- Water Environment & Technology
- Water Environment Research
- Operations Forum
- Water Environment Laboratory
- Industrial Wastewater
- Water Environment Regulation
- WEF Highlights
- Biosolids Technical Bulletin
Participation in the annual conference which includes:
- Leonard Glass Memorial Award
- Safety Awards
- Plant O&M Awards
- Research Awards
- Student Awards
- Presenting papers and attending technical sessions, including updates on federal and state regulations.
- Meeting with vendors who exhibit their products and display their services.
- Networking and discussing issues of common interest with other members.